In 1660 Paraty was a reasonable commercial area and its development was due to its strategic position at the bottom of Ilha Grande bay area; the road headed up the mountains towards Guaratinguetá , then Freguesia da Piedade ( now called Lorena ), Garganta do Embu and reached Minas Gerais: it was known as "Caminho do Ouro da Piedade" ( “The Gold way of Piedade” ); and to the harbor that was once considered the second most important of the country.
FROM THE SEA MOUNTAIN RANGE THE BEAUTY OF PARATY CAN BE SEEN
THE PASSAGEWAY MADE BY SLAVES IN 1600 REMAINS THE SAME
YOU CAN GO THROUGH IT AS IN 500 YEARS AGO
The geographic features - mountain range reaching the ocean in several places – and the Mata Atlantica coverage (Atlantic forest) protected by law, provides beautiful, fresh, sometimes cold and always crystalline waterfalls.
BEAUTY AND COLD SHOWER FACING THE HEAT
THE WATER IS CRYSTALLINE AND DEEP
THESE TWO ARE CLOSE TO THE BEACH
THE STONE SWALLOWS IT
THE LOCAL YOUNG PEOPLE ARE EXPERTS IN SURFING ON THE STONE